Monday, July 27, 2009

Shout Out Time


I want to give a shout out to a play that I saw over the weekend, called Black Man Rising. Black Man Rising is a "choreopoem" that's very entertaining, powerful, and uplifting. The play celebrates the strength, wisdom, and history of black manhood. It brings awareness to struggles, celebrates love, and pays homage to the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, President Barack Obama, and a very entertaining tribute to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. While there are no weak links throughout the cast or play, my favorite moment was a reenactment of the Million Man March, seen through the eyes of a gay black man, played by Juson Williams. Juson brought the house down, and tears to my eyes, from laughing soooooo hard. I don't recommend much, but Black Man Rising is a must see for all individuals! 'That's What She Said'